Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome to "Sandy's October ATC Workshop"!

What is an Atc? Atc stands for Artist Trading cards. They measure 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. They are made by doing collage, art work, painting, embellishing, and coloring your little card. Almost anything can be applied. If you do Atc's you can probably call yourself a mixed media artist. They are then traded in many ways. My girlfriend Debbie and I always trade each other every card we make. I also participate in a trade at Mystic Paper in Mesa Az. I have traded to people on line and I had a nice Easter trade open to my bloggers last year.
I am hoping at the end of this month you will want to start making these fun and creative cards or you will get some great ideas to make yours highly desirable and of course, more idea sharing.

These are some publications I purchased when I started and I may use examples from these books along with my own examples. Every post will be dedicated to this little card making trend in October.

A lot of the books are great for ideas and I was gaga in the beginning so I bought them. You don't need books and other magazines can work for ideas.


This is a regular card making book and because it is concentrated on Vintage it is also a great example. I love the vintage look and it can be applied to all era's. A sixties trade is fun.



This book involves rubber stamping and all though these are wonderful in this book I only use rubber stamps in back grounds and as an extra touch. I like a subject not stamped. Many people like using them and have stamps that can be applied for different looks. Tomorrow a little history about this craze that actually has been going on for over 12 years!
Stay tuned for more and I hope you will enjoy. It would also be nice to have a little trade at the end, feel free to comment and add your own ideas in the comments!



5 comments:

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

This is so neat. Looks like a lot of fun. There are all very lovely.

Hugs,

Bug
http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

I do like ATCs and soon I shall get up the nerve to trade!

I'm having an excellent give away! Please join in the fun of promoting ME!!!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Looks like tons of fun. I will have to try. Off to look at some of your other posts. Good to meet you.
~Tracie

Debbie Doughty said...

I have all but the card book in my collection too. Sadly, I spend more time looking than doing. Too bad, because they are so much fun to make!

Beth said...

I love your cards! Very neat. I bet you get a lot of great ideas working in an antique store.