Saturday, November 7, 2009

Photo Booth Pictures...

I love these pictures. The history is interesting to me and the many different poses and their backgrounds fascinate my brain. I have one of my great aunt with a frame as this.
Here is an early booth picture that I got out of an amazing book I found last year. The ones that I remember from the 70's had more curtains and a darker feel to the inside.

This little lady, also from the book "American Photobooth", is so cute. Do you think that she made her hat? If you look closer you can see the netting that goes completely over down to her shoulders.


This is my favorite of course because of the cute dog, but the lady has a great style too. It is very hard to find strips like the one on the right, still intact. They were always snipped up to share. I will show some more of these later. All the ones I ever had were in black and white. I just love the colored ones though.









6 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

another great post, thank you

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Here is something kind of exciting, those booths have had a bit of a resurgence, you can even rent them for wedding receptions! What a darling favor that would be, to let the guests take pics of themselves in the old-style booth...what fun...what a darling pooch in that photo...such sweet eyes...

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sandy! The older woman with her little dog is so cute, even her doggy's got style! And the lady with the big netted hat, is something else! Great post! Hugs, Paulette ;)

Unknown said...

These are fantastic. What a wonderful blast from the past. Have you ever seen Amelie? It's amazing and the film utilizes a photo booth beautifully.

The Pearl Photography said...

They are amazing. And 'Old Dame Penniwig' is absolutely right, I have actually seen three weddings this year renting a photo booth and have the guests over the moon!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

a trip to yesteryear for sure! wonderful to see these!